Like all the best Chinese Manufactured gadgets, Xiaomi Mi TV Box comes with many smart and additional features. Yet, the best part about this TV Box is that it looks like it cost the user his arms and legs to buy while being at a cost too low. But, the main question still remains whether the box can be stamped with certified reliability.
This TV Box has given the popular appliances like Chromecast or Roku a run for its money for being so affordable while having the cheapest retail price amongst Android TV Box devices available. The box does not fail to convert your TV with full access to Android TV applications. Other than that, it also has Cast Streaming Capability, Great Specifications and Voice Recognition Control in the Bluetooth Remote Controller. The Mi Box is looking pretty good from here on out.
How To Set Up Your Mi TV Box
The Xiaomi Mi Android TV Box does not even need a setup manual. The Box comes with 3 additional attachments. One is the Bluetooth Remote Controller, another is the HDMI port that connects the TV to the Box and lastly the adapter which gives the Box its power. And also because of the Bluetooth Remote Controller, it doesn’t even need a line of sight, which you can stick it behind your television.
And Voila you are set to start Binge watching.
The specifications are equipped to handle the High Definition video when paired with a Mali 450 GPU. Moreover, it is also enough to handle 4K Video Streaming Resolution.
The RAM comes up with is just of 2 GB capacity. Moreover, the storage is also less as it is one of 8 GB capacity. This Android TV Box consists of a Quad Core Cortex A-53 2.0 Gigahertz processor according to the specification sheet.
The Xiaomi Mi Android TV Box comes up with a quad-core ARM Cortex-A53 2.0 Gigahertz Processor, 2 GB of RAM, 8 GB of flash storage and with Android 6.0 Marshmallow out of the box.
At 101 mm x 101 mm x 19.5 mm, this compact appliance is a palm-sized, square-shaped contraption.
The number of slots found in this appliance is quite less in number. Although, it comes up with an HDMI Port, a Headphone Jack, a Power Adapter Port and one and only USB 2.0 Port. One of the downside to its compact size is that there is no room for any Micro SD or USB-C slot, thus the use of a battery is not possible.
This best Android TV Box can handle the basic Android TV interface as well as any Video Streaming Applications with ease. But, there isn’t any kind of good scope for advanced applications, as The Xiaomi Mi Android TV Box isn’t much compatible with them.
Therefore, it can be argued that the Box underperforms in comparison with some of its competitors. While Video Streaming with third-party applications or even from Chrome, the Box will often start to choke and let the audio will drag behind the video.
- Price: It is one of the most cost-efficient products amongst the 2017 Android TV Boxes.
- 4K Video Support: At this price, there are very few devices, which offers you with 4K Video Support.
- Solid Remote: It comes up with an awesome, perfect sized, bluetooth remote controller, with voice recognition which can also be used in dark easily.
- Extra Features: This Android TV Box offers you with many other extra features such as VUDU, Netflix, Red Bull TV, Pandora, CBS, Sling TV and much more.
- Performance: Basic 3D Games and Web Browsing also get choked on this appliance, thus the performance is often troubled sometimes and gets very tiresome after a while.
- Specifications: Some of the specifications might hurt you, for an instant, it just comes up with 8 GB of storage!
- Operating Issues: The updates are uncertain, and there are errors in starting up as well as with Wifi connectivity.
- “Made in China”: The ‘Made in China’ tag is enough to make anyone fear of owning such appliance.
- Fewer Slots: The Box does not have any kind of port for Micro SD or USB-C slot for external connectivity.
- No Battery Life: The fear of load shedding grips us all, Since it does not have a built-in battery, it needs an AC current supply whenever in use.
What’s In The Box
- Mi Box
- Bluetooth Voice Remote
- Power Adapter
- HDMI Cable
- User Guide