Are you a fitness conscious person? Want to keep yourself healthy by burning out extra calories? Want to track every heartbeat or track down how sound did you sleep last night? Or you may not much of a fitness guy but love cool gadgets. For both the kind, there’s one product available in the market, which is “Xiaomi mi band 2”.
Simple Steps to Set Up Your Mi Band 2 Fitness Tracker
Now let’s have a look on Xiaomi mi band features:
Xiaomi mi band 2 does everything that one can possibly expect from a fitness band. Such as:
- It tracks your steps taken
- Distance traveled
- Calories burned
- Slept hours and duration of deep sleep
- Monitors heart rate
- Automatically unlocks your phone
- Vibrate for notifications or calls
- 20 days long lasting battery
- It is splash resistant
- Compatible with both Android and iOS.
From where you can buy this! Just follow the link bellow to get the best deal on Xiaomi mi band 2.
Now let’s talk about how to set it up for the first time.
- Take the sensor and assemble it into the strap. You would need to insert the sensor from above while inserting into the strap.
- Pinch to fix and snap the Mi Band 2 around your wrist.
- Download and install the “Mi Fit” from the Google Play store or iTunes. Or just follow the appropriate link:
- You need to pair the Mi Band 2 with your Android or iPhone using the App instructions. Ensure that the Bluetooth on your phone is turned on.
- There is no dedicated Bluetooth button on the Mi Band 2. You need to pair the device using your Mi Fit App.
- Press the button on the Mi Band 2 as soon as it vibrates and receives a notification from your phone.
- After pairing is complete, the Mi band 2 will start tracking your movements, sleeping patterns and heart rate.
Do note that, in order to install and configure the Mi Fit app, you need to have a Mi account. You would either need to “Sign Up” or Sign In to the App before configuring the Mi Band 2 device. See the following screenshots for your reference.
During the initial setup, you would need to provide the following details in the Mi Fit app
This helps the app to calculate BMI and give you lifestyle recommendations accordingly.
As soon as the device was successfully paired with my Android phone, it started to download and flash the Mi Band 2 with the latest firmware. See the screenshot below:
You can configure Xiaomi Mi Band 2 with the following 3rd party services:
Messaging and Call notifications can also be enabled from the app. This also adds negatively to the battery life and is disabled by default.
Hope this information will help you setting up your new “mi band”. We will try to post more tips and tricks for your mi band to get you the most out of your band.